Thursday, June 6, 2013

I'd still pick my friends over you.

There is so much going through my head right now that there is no way that I could sleep. My best friend just got her mission call to the Philippines. It is the most amazing crazy thing ever and I can't even believe it. It really got me thinking about how far we have come. It seems like we were just sitting on her roof looking at the stars and listening to music.. Oh wait, we just were.

It was about seven years ago that I found myself alone on a playground after making a huge mistake. I found myself with no close friends, just being left alone by people who pulled away from me at the first sign of weakness. I had no idea that experience would lead me to finding the best friends that anyone could ask for.

I have a stronger friendship with Brylee and Kailee then I have ever had with anyone else. We have been through so much and we have trusted each other with so much. I am sure most people know what it is like to have best friends, but not like Kailee and Brylee. You have to understand that we started out as so very different people, and in ways we still are. But there is a part of us that has sort-of morphed together and created this massive entity of awesomeness. What I am trying to say is that the three of us really became something. We became brave and interesting and psycho and sensitive and crazy and obnoxious. But the crazy thing is that there is a part of our brain that is the same. We started to think the same way and say the same things as well as figure each other out.

Somewhat recently, we acquired a new pack member, Kyle. He became another best friend to us, fitting in so well. He is now serving his mission, and it is crazy to think about how that was the start of some really massive changes in all of our lives.

In no way are we perfect. We get upset with each other sometimes- usually because I am being stubborn- but we have never been in a real fight. We aren't afraid of fighting, because we know that nothing can shake this friendship. There is nothing that can tear us apart. I don't care how cheesy it sounds, I really believe that we have become something unbreakable. Even though we are not perfect, in my opinion, our friendship is. I treasure our relationship so much. 

Soon, we are all going to be separated for longer than we ever have. All of us will be in totally different places with different people and different problems. We won't have the luxury of speedy communication either. The real reason that I am writing this is because of how much faith I have that it will all work out. Not just that it will work out, but that will stay best friends. I trust God, and I know that he put us together for a reason. You guys have saved my life, and I have grown so much. There are some more steps of growth that I will take in our time apart, I think that we all will. But because we will all be growing, I believe that we will be able to come back together and have an even better bond than before.

I wish there was a way to explain how much I really love you guys, but this is the best I can do.
"There is no end."

No comments:

Post a Comment