Tuesday, October 23, 2012

But, honestly


I tend to post things when I see a problem and genuinely want to change it.
Sometimes, these issues are personal. It takes a lot for me to admit something like this, but I think it may be just the motivation and risk I need to take in order to change.

I know that in the past I have had some issues with honesty.
Okay, I think a lot of people have troubles with this. I tell little lies without even really thinking about it. Probably every day. Someone may ask, "Did you see this movie" and you reply "Oh yeah, I did" I used to just blow off a small lie like that, but lately all that goes on in my head is "no I didn't. Why in the world would I say something like that. That was so stupid. A pointless lie. Of all the lies-I lied about that. It isn't going to do anything for my social standing or anything. It wont change my life. But no. I had to lie about some stupid movie"

I am not kidding when I say that this can lead to bigger problems in the 'lying' department. People always tell you that one lie leads to another, and I think we tend to think that they mean in that moment. It isn't just in that moment. Lying gets easier. You start to not really feel that bad about it. You start to not really care.

And we all know that problems occur when one doesn't care. All sorts of things that I don't even want to go into.

I have noticed that I tend to declare things on public websites. It is where I challenge myself the most, because I feel like I have to live up to it.
I am about to do it again and I am sure that it will not be the last time. If you haven't guessed already, I want to improve my honesty. I know I have mentioned a little about how I shouldn't be fake in general. But I gotta narrow it down a little more. I need to altogether stop saying things that are not true.

Just think about what lying does to people? It is the root of much bigger problems. If we eliminate dishonesty, we could change something.
Because I someday want to make the world a better place, and I guess the best thing to start with is myself.
Take this challenge with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment