Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Where is my mind?

Oh man, so much has happened in such a short period of time. This is going to be one crazy post. I had the opportunity to attend the high school Shakespeare festival for the first time as a college student. I blogged long ago about how much I love Shakespeare and that opinion has again been reinforced. His works have changed the world. Watching Hamlet opened my eyes to things I wish would never leave me. It put me on a theatre high, made me want to perform more. I am considering a Theatre Arts Minor, but that is a whole new topic.

I have a feeling that you will soon understand the name of this post.

It was exactly what I needed to see my friends from the drama department. They mean so much to me and their influence on me is incredible. The influence of drama pointed me in the right direction to making the biggest decision of my life so far, the decision of where I should go to college. Although I am not majoring in Theatre, I am around it all the time.
 I have the most incredible friends. I am constantly reminded that they have not forgotten me. When I went home for fall break, I was struck with the realization that my best friends would stick with me for life. I always knew it, but it just really hit hard this time.

I hate when my posts don't have a meaning, so I came up with one. I cannot make decisions. Even when I do, they aren't really solid. I think it has to do with the fact that I am not very organized. It is not that I am messy, I am just a bit scattered. When you are scattered in thought, you end up being scattered in life, and vice versa. I just want to be able to make a solid decision in my life. I want to know what to do, I want to know where to go, I want to just have a solid knowledge instead of telling everyone that I am still deciding or that I am working on it.

I am not just talking about college decisions, I am talking about tons of things. Everything, really. I want to know myself so well that it is easy to make a decision.

This whole post is full of me saying how much I want something. That is how bad it is. I can't even make the decision to be decisive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment