Friday, August 3, 2012

When silence surrounds you.

Overwhelming emotion of the day: Confusion.
If you write while you are confused, the results are usually confusing. So, don't expect this to make sense. 

I feel as though I genuinely care about people. I just don't feel like it comes across. I think that I am thought to be someone who is carefree, and therefor, careless. But I think that there is a difference. It may seem like I don't care, but everything has an influence on me. I care a lot more about others than they apparently realize. 

There are times that people act as though they care, and maybe they do, but not on as personal a level as they make it seem. They could forward out a text message informing the majority of their contact list how much they love and care about them. Each individual is under the impression that they are being genuine. But someone finds out. They tell others about it. What does this do?

It could crush people. 

How do you show someone that you really care. Let's try talking to them. In person, maybe? Making a legitimate attempt to show them how you feel. This does not include: saying the same thing you say to everyone, doing it because you know you should, or doing it as a last resort. Show some concern, pay attention to what is actually going on in their life. 

That was more negative than I intended in the first place. Maybe I just need some more vitamin d. 

I am so grateful for those in my life that are there for me, and not just because they know they should. My family, my close friends, and a few select people that are always there, and always seem to care. This realization has only made me want to pay more and more attention to those I care about. It makes me want to be more honest. 

I'm going to try not to put on a face when it is unnecessary. 

No comments:

Post a Comment