Tuesday, August 14, 2012

But with the beast inside, there's nowhere we can hide.

I have come to the realization that we take life for granted. I know that people say this all the time, but it couldn't be more true. The importance of being alive, being functional, just being able to see, to say, to listen and to feel. We are so fortunate. The people who always seem the most optimistic are those who seem to have less than most. They get over their moments of being sad about what they lack, and then they decide to realize what they have. 
It is shocking that those that have lives that make us cry are always the ones smiling, laughing and enjoying what they do have. We see how short their life may be, and they see what a life they have lived. The best thing is they never stop living. They stay with us, sometimes more than those that are with us. 
I have been bitter. All I keep doing is anticipating the future. Attempting to fast-forward to where I might be going. I need to learn to live now. I have got to start making something of this. I need to take advantage of the time that I have. It sounds depressing, but it is not meant to. I just want to do something. Maybe I should stop wanting and just do it. 

"So I guess we are who we are for a lot of reasons. And maybe we'll never know most of them. But even if we don't have the power to chose where we come from, we can still chose where we go from there. We can still do things. And we can try to feel okay about them." -The Perks of Being a Wallflower 

No comments:

Post a Comment