Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I win. Fly. Soar higher, higher, higher, more, fire.

It drives me insane when something so amazing can mess up society. For example, Photoshop. I love it, because it corrects my mistakes and imperfections. But I really it takes something away from the art. I wonder if there are people who don't believe in using it. It sounds ridiculous, but it makes some sense. People who are terrible at photography can now be good. You can hide acne or freckles. People can look completely different, skinnier than they are and more "beautiful" but in reality, perfection isn't beauty. And the idea of perfection changes so much, how would real people ever keep up with it.
What about perfection. What even is that? Does anyone even know? no. because it doesn't exist on earth. The most beautiful people I know are not perfect. The word "ugly" does so many bad things to people every day.
The world turns things that are helpful or beautiful into things that hurt or are misunderstood.
Don't you ever miss reality?
How are we going to learn with all these self correctors?

People don't learn from their mistakes as much any more.I know I don't. If you grow up with a little red squiggle under each word you misspell, will you ever spell correctly?  If you are allowed to take a test as many times as you want, are you really going to study that hard? How do people evaluate your knowledge in situations like that? Who are they to test your knowledge?
We all take the easy way out. I really hope I am learning in this ever changing world.

We are all too dependent on things that are not constant. Me too, but really. Where are we headed with all this?

No comments:

Post a Comment