Saturday, October 15, 2011

Latest concert. life. emotion.

Thursday, I attended the Yellowcard concert. Wow. I have always loved them, but this really made me love them even more. I just felt this unwavering connection to that band and all their music. I also felt very connected to my best friend. Because I love her, and that band is like our friendship all wrapped into one thing. It is very hard to explain.
I am thankful for them.
I am thankful for new-found friendships, and old strong ones.
I am thankful for those who are thankful for me.
I am lucky to be able to communicate about everything with my friends.
As far as I know, there is nothing about me that my best friend doesn't know, and if there is, I would tell her in a heart-beat.
There are people that I thought wanted nothing to do with me, that I find myself talking to more and more and loving more and more. I love my friends, and I am so lucky to have such amazing ones.
This concert put everything into perspective for me, and it was exactly what I needed.
I struggle. I connect myself to people. I need socialization more than anything in the world. That is what I can rely on most lately, my friends. They are there for me.
"It's okay to be angry and never let go
It only gets harder the more that you know
When you get lonely if no one's around
You know that I'll catch you when you're falling down
We came together but you left alone
And I know how it feels to walk out on your own
Maybe someday I will see you again
And you'll look me in my eyes and call me your friend"

thank you Yellowcard. Thank you Kailee and Pablo for sharing that day with me.
I need you all.
And all my friends.
True, yes. Cheesy, maybe. False, never.
Just dont forget how much you all mean to me.

2 comments:

  1. It's so beautiful...:) no, seriously. That made my day! You are amazing and I am so glad we are best friends! I love you! And that song was always one of my favorites and you just made it a lot more meaningful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love you so much. :] you are the best friend anyone could ask for.

    ReplyDelete