Wednesday, April 6, 2011

loved today.

I actually have quite a funny story.

I disected a sheep heart today, something I have had to work up to. People are surprised about this for 2 reasons.
1. I am semi- vegetarian (my diet includes poultry and fish, but no other meat)
2. I used to be very squeamish when it came to anything having to do with the body (blood, cells, systems)

I have officially accomplished something that I have been working on for such a long time. I have concurred my own bodies pathway, mindset and become completely comfortable with all these things. Disecting this sheep heart is my last step in this process.
I did it. No fear.

okay, so I still dont like the feeling of cutting it, but I will do it. It actually was quite interesting.
The best part of my story:

highlight of my story: i was walking home, when I saw some sheep (I live in quite a rural area). I turned my head to look and them and they all stopped and stared at me. Three sheep. starring at me. It was only me and my brother there so I started talking to the sheep, not connecting anything that had to do with my biology class, prior to this event.

"What are you starring at, I'm not that interesting" I said. The sheep kept starring. not moving at all. Then I connected something that made the story quite odd. I decided that I needed to apologize to the sheep. If one of them had dissected a human heart, I don't think I would have been happy. I only seemed appropriate to say I was sorry. So I did.
two of the sheep went back to their grazing, but the third just kept starring.

My brother now thinks I am a crazy, and I am not saying those sheep knew, but it was just super weird that it was the first time I had noticed the sheep, on the same day I dissected a heart of one. What? weird..

That was the highlight of my day.

1 comment: