Monday, June 20, 2011

a little time.

Oh the odd concept of time. It has always troubled me. I always wonder about it. who decided that there was 60 seconds in a minute and 60 minutes in an hour? it seems a bit odd. I think it is strange that people refer to this impossible adventure as "traveling" through time. would it really be a journey, or more like rewind and fast forward. I would never have the courage to let my mind figure out how it might work, but somebody did, and they did a mighty fine job at it.
If you have not figured it out already, I have a new-found love for books. This trilogy was already a favorite of mine before I even liked reading. It started out on a boring summer day a few years ago. My mom handed me a book and said something like "what else do you have?" and so I got reading. I couldn't put it down. This amazing book was "The hourglass door" by Lisa Mangum. ever since then, I have waited for each book in the trilogy to come, and I just finished the last one.
I. love. them.
so, if you are reading this, I strongly recommend them. Lisa Mangum has the concept of time all figured out, and it is quite amazing. It also is a love story, and I swear, I can't read a book without one. fantastic.

2 comments:

  1. You should let me borrow it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. for sure! They are so good. you can borrow mine, but for some reason, i dont have the second one. but i am planning on buying it.

    ReplyDelete